D105 acceleration problem

Dolla25

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently had the transmission replaced on my little D105. Shortlly after getting it back from the shop I noticed it had trouble going up small inclines. It would slow down on the incline but then resume normal speed when it got back on level ground. Today I noticed the same issue followed by a complete stop on level ground. Now it will barely move once it has come to a stop. Applying pressure on the pedal will only get it to move a few inches. After a few cycles of pressing the pedal and letting off it will eventually start moving normally but only in a forward direction. As soon as I turn the wheel it will slow down and come to a stop. After ten minutes of this I decided to give it a rest and drove it (verly slowly) onto the pavement only for it to start operating normally again but as soon as I got it back on the grass I experienced the same problem. Belts look normal and I can't see any objects blocking the gears. I have only used the machine a handful of times since I had the transmission replaced in July. Any ideas? Thanks!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Did they bother to change the primary drive belt and the plastic v-idler?

Dolla25

Forum Newbie
Threads
"Install new transmission with new belt and idler pulley" is what the report says. Aside from the transmission I was charged for two idlers and a "v-belt".

Dolla25

Forum Newbie
Threads
@StarTech do you think it's odd that i'm only having trouble on turf and inclines?

D

Deleted member 97405

Number one issue with these transmissions is caused by debris built up on top of them. They have external mechanisms up top that you can't see without a mirror that work the variators. If any debris at all gets on top of them, it can get wedged in the linkages and the trans will act weird. It only takes one piece of a stick to cause it. Best thing to do is get a mirror and look across the top of the transmission and make sure it's clean and clear. Another spot to check is at the very back. The rear variator needs to move up and down. There is a gap between it and body of the transmission. Make sure nothing wedged in that gap as well. You could also have an issue with the front variator, but check for debris first. I'm so glad this transmission is no longer used by Deere! See Deere's diagnostics below...

Attachments

• Diagnostics1.pdf
    572.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Diagnostics2.pdf
    606.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Slow trans.pdf
    989 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:

Dolla25

Forum Newbie
Threads
Number one issue with these transmissions is caused by debris built up on top of them. They have external mechanisms up top that you can't see without a mirror that work the variators. If any debris at all gets on top of them, it can get wedged in the linkages and the trans will act weird. It only takes one piece of a stick to cause it. Best thing to do is get a mirror and look across the top of the transmission and make sure it's clean and clear. Another spot to check is at the very back. The rear variator needs to move up and down. There is a gap between it and body of the transmission. Make sure nothing wedged in that gap as well. You could also have an issue with the front variator, but check for debris first. I'm so glad this transmission is no longer used by Deere! See Deere's diagnostics below...
@Will1988 thank you! I will take a look. I'm hoping it's something simple that is not obvious as I just spent so much money and time having it fixed.