CV745-001 Kohler EFI

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Working on a SP2800 '04 Dixie Chopper with this engine on it. CV745-001. This engine has a blown head gasket. You can hear it spitting out the head when I try to start it. Which it does. I thought well I will check the blink codes and see what code it blinks. Guess what it does not blink any codes. Thought with a blown head gasket it would blink some kind of code. Any U guys work on these old EFI's and see one do this?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is no detection for blown head gasket. The EFI system is only the very basic system, nothing like a larger vehicle EFI system.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe so but it looks like it would show it was running lean. Or would the o2 sensor detect it and compensate for it. This is really unusual for an EFI to blow a head gasket. As far as I can remember it is the first EFI I have seen blow a head gasket.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Maybe so but it looks like it would show it was running lean. Or would the o2 sensor detect it and compensate for it. This is really unusual for an EFI to blow a head gasket. As far as I can remember it is the first EFI I have seen blow a head gasket.
May be unusual but anything is possible. I was more than once told it was impossible for an electronic calculator to add wrong but I had nearly 100 fairly new machines that were. 100 processors replacement later they work fine. Or have a photocell system seeing clean thru index cards when normal paper checks were to block the light beam.