Curses !!!! Foiled again.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
After last weeks debacle, of driving 60 miles to a harbor freight for a new tool box, only to realize I didn't read the coupon correctly, I'd thought I learned my lesson.
Well today, I drove another 60 miles to another BF for a different tool box (the Yukon 46" 9 drawer). It was on sale for $329. It's not as big as I need. But I can thoroughly use it.
None the less, with sale paper in hand, I give the clerk the slip of paper, and go do some more shopping. They have 13 piece deepwell impact sockets on sale for $19.99 a set. I got metric and SAE. And of course, I had to get some other little stuff.
I get to the counter only to be advised that these items don't go on sale until tomorrow.
Their memorial day sale ended today, and their parking lot sale ends tomorrow.
And the worst part of it, the sale dates are listed right at the top of the sale paper.

I'm gonna learn to read someday.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Are you sure? I thought schools quit teaching reading as they are banning all the books. I know they had quit teaching the students to think for themselves.

BTW I brought a 800 lb transmission to only return it for another one as it would not even stay up under its own weight. The replacement did for a few days but it is now creeping down under its own weight. I did manage to get that 200 lb + 1L60E out yesterday but had to keep jacking the jack up. Hopefully I can get the transmission rebuilt and installed before the 90 days is up on the warranty so I can return it yet again. This time for my money back. I was planning on using it in the shop for the hydros projects here.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Are you sure? I thought schools quit teaching reading as they are banning all the books. I know they had quit teaching the students to think for themselves.

BTW I brought a 800 lb transmission to only return it for another one as it would not even stay up under its own weight. The replacement did for a few days but it is now creeping down under its own weight. I did manage to get that 200 lb + 1L60E out yesterday but had to keep jacking the jack up. Hopefully I can get the transmission rebuilt and installed before the 90 days is up on the warranty so I can return it yet again. This time for my money back. I was planning on using it in the shop for the hydros projects here.
I've had the same luck with the HF Transmission jack.
I get to the counter only to be advised that these items don't go on sale until tomorrow.
Sounds like you'll have to camp out over night :D

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just not safe to operate and depend on it staying in place. All my other hydraulics jacks works as intended.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just not safe to operate and depend on it staying in place. All my other hydraulics jacks works as intended.
I don't remember buying anything critical from HF. You know, things that present a safety concern. But I've bought a lot of things from them. And only a couple of things, minor ones, have failed.
Dang, I've been using two of those cheapo Oreilly jacks for over a decade now. One of them, just last year, had a hard time lifting up the back axle on my pick up (empty bed). But it still got the job done and held in position.

I'm just getting up, thinking about going back to HB for that tool box. It's turning into a life mission. LMAO

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I get most of that stuff from workshops that have closed down & are auctioning off all of the contents of the workshop
Some times I even get them full of tools ( that of course I can not use )
Picked one one lot that had an $ 1800 1" drive 1000 ftlb tension wrench in it & I paid $ 40 for the lot
Cost another $ 120 to get it recalibrated but I am not complaining .
Came from a mine maintenance company .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, I got the toolbox home and put together. I'm liking it. Just not as much as the General. At least as far as the roller guides go. But, all and all, for what I need, it was well worth the $329.
Plus I ended up with the deepwell, 6 sided black impacts. And some other nicnacks. I'm about to start cleaning and arranging the tools in it.
My brother said he's help me paint my dads old boxes. <<< The main reason I got the new one. Dads old boxes were bought almost 50 years ago. They're in need of some TLC.