Curb Find

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe

Yancheng Fujiheng Power Machinery Company Limited
Jiangsu, China

Buy them for about $50 in lots of 20 from Alibaba.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Maybe

Yancheng Fujiheng Power Machinery Company Limited
Jiangsu, China

Buy them for about $50 in lots of 20 from Alibaba.
Makes me wonder about some people, buy a $120 engine, and buy those 'stage' build up kits and make 12-16 HP out of a 212cc.... They dump $400 into 120.... Might as well buy a 16 horse Briggs for that money...of course a 16HP Briggs may not have a 3/4" crank .

upupandaway

Threads
And Predator is not an engine maker, it is a trade name just like Craftsman .
They are made by one of the anonymous CHinese factories that do not sell anything with their own name on it. I did know their name but can't think of it right now.
I know china copied the honda motors. I know Predator is not the maker but the seller. I'm just saying if Kohler is going to make their own motor, they would make it different but u look at the Kohler and teh Predator among other brands they are sold as, they sure seem identical to me thus the same maker. It is like the John Deere mower where they label it a JD motor when u look at it, and it was obviously made by Briggs for JD.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't rally understand what your point is
The kohler & the preditor have different fuel tanks and different air filter covers is that not enough for you to spot the difference ?
Should Kohler paint all their engines pink with purple pokka-dots so they can be identified at 500 yards ?
And if they did this would it make some one determined to pay nothing for everything walk past HF and go into a real small engine shop ?
Would spending hundreds of thousands of dollars changing the entire tooling for the engine increase sales ?

As for JD & Briggs, Briggs make the engines for JD to JD's Specifications and in particular the crankshaft which is stronger than a normal B & S one.
Husqvarna, Catsman, Roper, Poulan, McCulloch Yard Keeper all come off the same production line and look identical
THe JD 100 series is built off the same design as the above
Are they all the same ?
They must be according to your logic because they all look the same
And Husqvarna have a factory in China that makes the same shape tractor so they must all be made in China .