Cub Cadet ZForce ran hot

Glen

Forum Newbie
Threads
I picked up a plastic grocery bag while mowing yesterday. Placed it in the side tray and continued mowing. The suction of the air intake obviously sucked the bag over the top of air intake unknown to me. The mover slowed and then cut off. It was so hot it would not recrank yesterday. Today it cranks and seems fine but motor oil smells burnt. I will change oil, but should I do anything else?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi Glen & welcome to THE forum....

I 'think' it is an error in terminology, possibly, but ... "cranks", "will not crank", implies that the starter is not turning the engine... that may be what you meant.
And that can happen when the engine has been OVER Heated, things expand at different rates and the aluminum piston with steel rings in a steel cylinder, will seize up because it no longer fits...

If you are running normal mineral oil, you likely cooked the oil... This is another reason to run a good synthetic, (more heat tolerance, before it breaks down)...
Over heating an engine is not good, heating one to the point it slows to seize is bad... It easily will put hundreds of hours additional ware in just a few seconds...
Not a lot you can do other than switch to a high quality synthetic oil, this engine will need all the help it can get to have a long life... :smile:KennyV

robert

Threads
A little oil in the cylinders before you try and start it and hope for the best?

noma

Threads
HI Glen

Since you got that engine pretty hot you may want to take the shroud off and see if any thing melted or got ruined around or on the engine?You might want to take a good over all look at every thing, that's way i thought you might want to look under the shroud to.Just a idea.:biggrin: