Cub Cadet SLTX 1050 replacement deck

jackieash

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just broke the deck on my 2010 Cub Cadet sLTX 1050. Works great otherwise
Does anyone know if the deck from a Cub Cadet LT1045 LT 1046 deck would work as a replacement?
How would I be able to tell?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
New decks sure are pricey,,, might find a 1050 with a bad motor, or on the cheap, then rob the deck, here are the part numbers used, crossing the part numbers from your tractor may help you find out if one will work or not from another model.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Or depending on what is broken a good mechanic with the skills can repair most deck problems or at least I can so long all the parts are still there to work with.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One of the reasons why MTD bought Cub Cadet was to get the new fast deck release system.
Done properly all MTD mowers would have inter changable decks but they altered the mounting centers between brands .
But any Cub deck that uses the quick mount deck system will fit any Cub
The caveat is the belt won't but your operators manual lists the belts required for different deck sizes
All the frames are the same for the same type of mower ( tractor / ZTR ) .
However as Star has already mentioned most decks are repairable.
The only difficult ones are where the mower has sat with a grass covered deck out in the weather for couple of years and the entire top has rusted out.
Even then they can (& I have ) be repaired with a sheet of steel plate to mount all of the important bits and then welded to the remains of the deck skirt.