cub cadet slt 1550

Davey boy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Replacing solenoid and it has two minor wires . I took it apart and did not pay attention to the two small wires . The old solenoid has one pole for a small wire . The new one has two spade connections . Can i use this new one and if so where do i connect the two small wires to ?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
what kind of terminals do they have there are the two large cables which go one on each of the large terminals. There usually one small wire with a terminal with a large hole that goes on the cable that comes from the battery. Then there is a small wire with a terminal with a small hole that goes on the small post. Or a small female spade the goes on the male spade terminal. Then on the solenoid you have leaves a small spade with nothing on it you would simply make a jumper wire and plug it on the remaining spade terminal and the other end straight to ground

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes
It is what is called a 4 pole solenoid and uses one of those small spades to make the ground connection
So toy will need to make up a ground strap to go between the terminal & one of the mounting bolts
Does not matter which way you connect them usually