cub cadet riding mower surging

rvr350

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Enduro cub cadet riding mower, and 2 days ago, i had to punched the PTO blade off to avoid an obstruction suddenly, and after that incident, the engine would surge when the PTO isn't engaged. When PTO is engaged, it runs smoothly. I cleaned the carb and it seems good shape, pulled the plug, and it seems fine as well. What else could i look for? Thank you.

Rickcin

Threads
My CC is also surging and I’m guessing you also have a Kohler twin cylinder engine?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I have a Enduro cub cadet riding mower, and 2 days ago, i had to punched the PTO blade off to avoid an obstruction suddenly, and after that incident, the engine would surge when the PTO isn't engaged. When PTO is engaged, it runs smoothly. I cleaned the carb and it seems good shape, pulled the plug, and it seems fine as well. What else could i look for? Thank you.
Post up the engine model #'s/
1620093498545.png
1620860390122.png

Rickcin

Threads
Now we have two different threads going here regarding a surging Koehler engine on a Cab Cadet!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Kohler KT735.
What's the Spec number?

Seems to me most likely there is blockage in the idle circuit of the carburetor making it run lean and surge. And when you engage the blades, it runs on the main jet.

rvr350

Forum Newbie
Threads
What's the Spec number?

Seems to me most likely there is blockage in the idle circuit of the carburetor making it run lean and surge. And when you engage the blades, it runs on the main jet.
Kt735-3076 what is the idle circuit looks like? Is it the wires coming out under the fuel bowl?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The idle circuit is the path the fuel takes through the carburetor when the engine is idling or at lower RPMs.
carb in the video is for honda. though.

Sometimes it takes a few good cleanings or even a 24 hour soak in parts cleaner to get them CLEAN.

Last edited: