Cub cadet problems

Forest gump

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone, i have some questions... i have a 2009 cub cadet LTX1045 or 13ax93at056, sn: 1B104H30031. The mower sat for a couple years and the carb got water in it and would not clean up. So I bought a full tune up Kit with carburetor. I did a bunch of other repairs on it at the same time so I knew it would last, battery, full tune up, carburetor & fuel tank, oil & all filters, rebuilt the deck, belt, bearings & blades. When i was finished it ran like new. Two weeks into it and in the middle of the mowing it starts no full throttle & sputtering, sluggesh starting, & dies out. I found the battery has 12.2V and running 13.2V, it sounds to me like a vacuum leak or something not right with the cams ? Gutt feeling it likda has a tingy pop out of the exhaust. Trying to start it starts to spin then stops like the battery is low but 12.2V should be fine since its new. I got it back to the shop by idling. Dose anyone have any ideas or experience on this ? Thanks Fred

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
As bert stated, sounds like the valves need adjusted.
I. believe that mower has the Kohler courage 20hp,.
model number for the engine should be located on a silver tag on the plastic housing.