cub cadet ltx1042 timing belt

3racer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I broke the timing belt on my cub cadet ltx1042 deck, I need to know the procedure to time the belt when I replace it.

Thanks,
Greg

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to these Forums....

TIMING BELT???
The deck has a common Vbelt... there is No blade timing on that deck. :smile:KennyV

woodsgoat

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you have 2 belts, a common V and a notched belt, you have a timed blade system.The blades get set like the letter "T", or 90 degrees from each other.The next step with the Cub Cadet, put a FOR SALE sign on it and buy something else.i don't own one, but work on a friends. Hers is an LTX 1040. A piece of MTD garbage.Continually jumps blade timing and used to eat the V belt. I changed the V belt from the factory 1/2" 85" belt to a 5/8" 86" belt and that eliminated that problem. It has had 3 sets of blades on it so far.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
... I changed the V belt from the factory 1/2" 85" belt to a 5/8" 86" belt and that eliminated that problem. It has had 3 sets of blades on it so far.

WELCOME to these Forums...
It is good to have someone here that understands belts... Almost all pulleys are rated for A and B belts... that extra 1/8" is More than just a little more strength... :smile:KennyV

Forum Newbie
Threads
WHERE CAN i BUY A TIMING BELT FOR THE CUB CADET LTX 1040, MODEL # 13RX90AR056 , YEAR 2009

THESE BELTS HAVE STARTED TO BECOME HARD TO FIND,

HOME DEPOT DOES NOT CARRY THE TIMING BELT, EBAY HAS THEM FOR $ 56.00 SHIPPED.

CAN I BUY ONE CHEAPER ANYWHERE ROCKY ?

panoman

Forum Newbie
Threads
WHERE CAN i BUY A TIMING BELT FOR THE CUB CADET LTX 1040, MODEL # 13RX90AR056 , YEAR 2009

vbelt guys google them all the belts you need for incredible prices timingbelt 11 usd fro the cubcadet parts over 100

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
At the time of the original post date these were new on the market but seven later the aftermarket has caught up. But a note here not all aftermarket belts will work on all mowers. MTD mowers are one of the pickiest mowers on the market when it comes to belts. It doesn't help that some suppliers are actually sending out belt shorter than even their on specs.

Matter of fact I quit using A&I (formerly Sunbelt Outdoors) belts because every one I have gotten lately are at least one inch short. I had threw nearly a $1000 in belt last Summer because of this and was assured that the problem was resolved late last year. So I ordered a couple belts, waited two days for them, and behold when I got them both were an inch short. After awaiting another 2 days for belts from another vendor I got in the correct size belts. Considering I order nearly $2000 in belt every year that is fairly good lost to A&I.

At least the $200 I spent on that v-belt/rib belt measure was well spent money saves me a lot time of not trying to install incorrect length belts.