Cub Cadet 1515 Low Power when PTO Engaged

Threads
My Neighbor was nice enough to give me his old yard tractor. Its a Cub Cadet 1515 from the 2000's era. It has plenty of power with the PTO disengage. But when the PTO is engaged it bogs down more than it should. RPMs drop to about 2300rpm. Could the PTO be worn out and causing extra load on the engine? I think its electromagnetic so maybe not? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First thing to do is check the governor and make sure it is working.
When the PTo is engaged you should see the throttle linkage move to open up the carb butterfly

Threads
First thing to do is check the governor and make sure it is working.
When the PTo is engaged you should see the throttle linkage move to open up the carb butterfly
I don't see the governor lever move when I engage the PTO. Could I possibly have the spring in the wrong linkage hole?

Attachments

• 20210526_205407.jpg
    20210526_205407.jpg
    971.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

guyina4x4

Threads
if you haven't changed anything with the governor I'd leave it alone.
dirty carb will cause low power under load. as will any fuel system problem

Threads
I probably messed it up by accident when I pulled the motor out to replace the head gasket. It didnt have power when I got it because of the bad head gasket. Now it runs good and cool, but just looses power under load. When I was messing with the governor lever after Bertsmobile gave me the idea it would pick up more RPM and spin the blades faster so that is what I need. I guess I need help how to setup the governor as the spring doesn't have any kind of tension.

Threads
So after some tinkering I dont think its a low power issue. I think I have the throttle cable and governor not setup right after I pulled the engine for the headgasket. I cant seem to get the throttle cable set right. I can't get it set to max the RPMs to 3600 and get the idle position to go all the way to idle. It bottoms out about halfway. Anybody know how I should reset these?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the engine numbers off the ID tag.

Threads
Please post the engine numbers off the ID tag.
Picking this back up. Got sidetracked with some trips. Here are the engine tags. Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 4
Threads
Thank you so much! I will keep posted what I figure out when I get a moment to tinker. :)