Cub 2146 Carb.

Bingo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new here and have just bought a Cub 2146. I believe it has an Onan Linamar engine. The mower is shaft driven. Where can I find a carb. for it. Ebay isn't working for me. Also, I want to change the trans axil fluid and filter. What type of fluid should I use?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1659940286197.png

Part must be looked up via the model starting with 13A. 2146 Tractor 13A-224F100

Cub Cadet part number for the carburetor is ME-146-0701 but if search using just 146-0701 you will find a better price.

Cummings Onan 146-0701 Carburetor

Hydro static oil is 20w/50 SG/CD engine oil or 15w/50 synthetic i.e. Mobil 1.

Bingo

Forum Newbie
Threads
On ebay the only carbs I see are for generators 146-0802 Are they the same?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Personally buying a carb on Fleabay for an Onan engine is worse than a crap shoot, unless you have dealt with the supplier in the past. You have a 90% chance of receiving junk, at a premium price, and will be back at square one. Having worked on Onan engines over the years, it is one engine that doesn’t like aftermarket parts.

Bingo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, so what do you suggest? I have worked on Briggs engines. This is my first Onan. I'm having a hard time finding parts.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the generator carb on the newer Oman's are like old ones no. The generator is a constant speed engine and has no need for the idle circuit used on the engines used on a lawn mower.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just going to need to get the crowbar out and pry open your wallet on this one.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Onan = $$$
Getting one worked on = $$$$
Good stuff though.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Quality & precision costs money
Look at the cost of a mikuni carb fitted to the Suzuki 2 strokes that Toro used
Look at the price of a Khlein carb Kohler used on their horizontal engines .
The problem is you have just gotten used to mediocre to poor quality stuff for so long most have forgotten what quality is and what quality costs.
Add to that Japan is a mature economy that largely is powered by investments , inovations & royalties so they do not need to artifiically maintain the Yen at a low exchange rate compared to the US dollar .
The real cost of most of the stuff from China is about 3 times what you pay for it as the Renmenbi is around 60% undervalued so everything imported from China is way less than it can be made in the USA so all USA manufacturing will collapse and the USA will become totally dependent upon China .
But the good citizens are addicted to getting the lowest possible price and by the time they realize the true costs of all this cheap stuff it will be too late .