Cub 1042 Couple of questions

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
13BX11CG712
Cub 1042. Just did an engine swap from a 1045. In the process, I changed the drive pulleys & belt from the 1045 to the 1042. (Because I have a deck and electric PTO for the 1042)
The trans works in both forward and reverse. But it moves forward a little slower then the 1045. In fact, the 1045, when you pressed the footfeet all the way, you'd better have a good grip on the steering wheel, if you're going over some bumps. The 1042, not so much. When you first take off, it's very responsive. And it's not much slower than the other. Note, it's a slight difference. This one doesn't crawl. But mashing it to the floor, is a mph or 2 slower than the other.

The belt is on right, and is fairly new. No signs of wear. The pulley's are on right. There's no debris around the neutral release arm that comes out of the trans.

One other thing: The park brake won't set in both of these mowers. For some reason the rod (under the dash on both) won't raise the lever that locks in the park brake. Under the mower, where the rod goes to, and the levers it connects to are debris free. I can tell where it's suppose to latch. But it won't move far enough to actually latch.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I need to post this to clarify the problem
Red arrow: Where the park brake is suppose to latch, (Next to the safety switch)
Black arrow: From what it looks like, the point is keeping the plate from coming up. Nothing actually looks worn or in a position other than OEM.

1580757997866.png

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have NO idea how I fixed this. I took the belt off and put it back on, in the same exact way. and it started working. I've locked the park brake like 50 times now, and it's like brand new.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd suspect routing in the double idler clutch system, if that's how that one is made. Gets tricky sometimes. Or the belt was outside of a guide that keeps it on the pulley when slack. Been there, done that myself.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd suspect routing in the double idler clutch system, if that's how that one is made. Gets tricky sometimes. Or the belt was outside of a guide that keeps it on the pulley when slack. Been there, done that myself.

You may be right about that. I can't say for sure. Because I've looked over that whole drive system, took springs off and back on, removed the belt a few times.
What ever I did the last time, changed something that I didn't see.

I hate it when that happens. I wanna know what it was. Ya know.