Crank Case Cover Oil Leak

thatsteveguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Ariens Zoom 60 from ~2009 with a Kawasaki FR730V engine. Its been great, but the last time I mowed it started leaking a trail of oil back to the garage. Took a close look at the engine and no evidence of oil leak from the top. Lots of evidence of oil leak from the bottom. I thought it was the crank seal, but when I took the PTO off, it was dry and clean on top of the pulley. Put a quart of oil it in and watched it drain out from what looks like a plug in the bottom of the crank case cover straight back from the PTO. Its the clean spot in the photo.20200820_165835.jpg
I looked through the service and parts manual and I can't find it listed. Closest thing I can find is the crankcase cover oil passage plugs, but the diagram doesn't point to this spot. It also doesn't look like this can be removed from the outside. I'm really hoping I don't need to remove the crankcase cover to fix it. Any idea what part this is?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I believe you are missing the plug for the oil pump/camshaft bearing hole in the closure plate.

PN 92066-7028

thatsteveguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have one on order. They couldn't tell me when it would get here so I'll just have to be patient.