Craftsman weed eater won't start only with trimmer attachment. Starts with edger...

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman weed eater won't start only with trimmer attachment. Starts with edger...
It starts when using just the engine. Starts with the edger that came with my ryobi trimmer. When I use my ryobi trimmer attachment it will I only start on choke and will Rev for 1 ssecond on half choke then cut off. If I keep toggling it to half choke and full choke it will stay on but it lasts for seconds.

Basically on choke it starts, the attachment will spin very slow. Then with gas pressed at full I move to half choke and it revs to full revs and cuts off. It revs perfectly fine when I run it without attachment and with my edger attachment. It's only on the trimmer attachment..

The weed eater is a craftsman 31 cc limited edition attachments are from ryobi 725r 31cc

ron350

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman weed eater won't start only with trimmer attachment. Starts with edger...
It sounds like your foot bushing part 791-181857 is bad and dragging the motor down.