Craftsman T1200 Drive Belt Help

syris871

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have searched for days to find instructions on how to replace the drive belt on my T1200. I have not found much on this particular model. Is there an easy way to replace this belt without having to remove the pulley at the front of the mower? Does anyone have any tips or tricks on installing the new belt? I appreciate any help you can give. I do not have an impact to be able to remove that pulley that comes down from the motor so any tips would be helpful.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Craftsman T1200 = MTd mower setup.

On MTD mowers where the engine can't be removed I unbolt the engine so it can be slid back; however, the preferred method is to remove the engine pulley. Also you will probably have problems getting the variable to transmission belt off and on. For the transaxle you loosen the mounting bolts so you can cock the unit. As for the variable on this unit you remove the three bolt holding the bearing cap on which would allow to move it around. Don't forget to remove the spring from the idler arm for the variable to transaxle belt tension.