Craftsman s/p electric start not working

DadRob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please pardon me if there is a thread. I did not find it in a search.

My Craftsman self-propelled 917.370442 starts with pull cord, but electric start does not work. Battery tests good. I even replaced the battery, same problem. The wire from the battery reads 12v. I tested the fuse for continuity, shows good. I also tested the charger, reads 19v output. I don’t get any indication that the starter is trying to engage, no click or anything.

That is the extent of my electrical knowledge. I had some work done on it last fall. Could something not have been put back together tight?

Any help is appreciated.

Buds27

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please pardon me if there is a thread. I did not find it in a search.

My Craftsman self-propelled 917.370442 starts with pull cord, but electric start does not work. Battery tests good. I even replaced the battery, same problem. The wire from the battery reads 12v. I tested the fuse for continuity, shows good. I also tested the charger, reads 19v output. I don’t get any indication that the starter is trying to engage, no click or anything.

That is the extent of my electrical knowledge. I had some work done on it last fall. Could something not have been put back together tight?

Any help is appreciated.
I have the same problem on mine. Did you ever figure it out? I'm thinking that after 10 years of serving me well, it might be time to move on to something more modern...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is likely in the starter module which is NLA.