craftsman riding lawn mower model 917.275013

Thom75

Threads
The wiring diagram is wrong.On my mower,the wire connector at the PTO
has 6 wires on it.There are 2 white wires opposite each other.There is a red
wire opposite green wire.There are 2 black wires opposite each other.
The 2 black wires have 2 black wires within each connection for a total of 8 wires.
The wiring diagram does not match my mower.
I wonder where I might find a diagram that matches my mower.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Wire colors are not always accurate on diagrams. Plus when a layman is trying to read a schematic they can get lost if they don't the basic knowledge of lawn mower wiring.

And it common to have multiple wires connected to a terminal, The diagram shows several non removable connections crimped at terminals. There is different color wire hardwired together. In the case of the PTO connector at the switch you have one odd color which is probably going to the electric clutch field.

Example colors not being the same as on the wiring is the Z950 that I just did bypass surgery on one wire going the interlock control module was suppose to be yellow when it was actually blue. At least JD did put the correct number on the wire.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the wiring diagram you are using for your unit, as I’m unable to find one for the model number you posted.

HughDaHand

Threads
JS2pOjU.png

Seems to match pretty good to me.

Thom75

Threads
Please post the wiring diagram you are using for your unit, as I’m unable to find one for the model number you posted.

HughDaHand posted the diagram that I am using,but the PTO layout and colors do not match my mower.​

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hugh, can you post or send me the site where you found this diagram? I’d like to add it to my database. I couldn’t even find it on my Simplicity site. Thank you.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for sharing. I’ve found my problem. I refuse to sign up for anything with Sears and it won’t let me access to the owners manual unless I sign up with them. I’ll just learn to live with it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hmmm never had to sign up for anything other than allowing the searspartsdirect.com script to run here.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are we talking about the PTO SWITCH or the PTO Electric Clutch? In the diagram, the switch has six wires but the clutch has two.