craftsman riding lawn mower model 917.275013

Thom75

Threads
I am looking at clutch/brake switch on the wiring schematic.Is the black wire portion permanently
connected,or does it move downward with the movement with the switch?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The interlock switch mounting should not be moving and no the wiring connector housing is not permanently attached. This is a 4 wire connection using either a keyed 4 position connector housing or a 5 position connector housing. Both could have been used over time.
1666011882676.png
The switch is normal mounted stationary as if moving constantly the wiring would break quickly over time due flexing back and forth.

Last edited:

Thom75

Threads
The interlock switch mounting should not be moving and no the wiring connector housing is not permanently attached. This is a 4 wire connection using either a keyed 4 position connector housing or a 5 position connector housing. Both could have been used over time.
View attachment 62538
The switch is normal mounted stationary as if moving constantly the wiring would break quickly over time due flexing back and forth.
StarTeck,thanks for the reply.I forgot to mention that I am looking at the interior of the switch.I am wondering if the horizontal line that is shown within the interior of the schematic connecting the black contacts moves with the plunger, or is it a stationary.
Also what is the purpose of the vertical doted line shown in the interior of the switch?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The contacts on the plunger moves with the plunger. The vertical line just indicates the upper and lower contacts in the drawing are on the same plunger so they move as one unit. In the actual switch they are side by side on the plunger. These switches are usually glued (or sonic welded) so you can't take them apart.

1666017829812.png