craftsman mini tiller

repairdude22000

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a craftsman mini tiller. i replaced the carb with new one and replaced gas tank used olsa put on new fuel line and spark plug but im getting no fuel to the carb and you can see air gaps in the fuel line than a bit of fuel between the air gaps. what do i need to do to fix this to make it run?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It would help greatly if we knew the craftman tiller number and the make & number of the original carb.
Also the fuel filter type
The felt filters can shed fibres with is why the felt bit is held on with a clip so you can remove it & clean the gauze strainer underneath.
Also once felt filters get contaminated with water they will no longer pass fuel properly and should be replaced .
If the carb has 2 fuel lines then they could have been transposed so you are trying to suck fuel through the return line which most times is above the fuel level.
A bad fuel tank vent can also couse these sorts of problesm.
Finally there are a lot of QC reject carbs out there being fobbed off as "OEM" or "Fits a " or "Replaces A " that are faulty, bought as srap metal then resold as a functioning carb .