Craftsman LTX 1000 Leaning

OldDiyer

Threads
Hi All, new to this forum and thought someone here may be able to help. My tractor seems to lean to one side, Check all tire pressures, checked height from frame to ground slightly off. I belong to a machinest site and asked this question and had a few answers but nothing that would fix the issue. One person said to shim the rear axle but I would have to add about a 3/4 in shim others said just to reset the deck and let it go didn't sound like the proper fix so here I am. One day a while back I had a 8ft 2x4 so put it thru the front bumper and gave the tractor a couple of hard pulls on the high side and it seemed to stay straight for a while but of course hasn't lasted. I purchased this unit new in 2002 and has been a very good machine for me as I use it for summer and also have the snow blower for winter. Would really like to fix this problem.
Was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem as I can't believe I would be the only one and what you had to do to get this fixed the correct way. Thanks in advance.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Beef up the frame or on a mower a pressed sheet metal skeleton. You sound like you can tackle this project.

slomo

OldDiyer

Threads
When I first looked at the frame I thought of that but there is sooooooooo many things attached to the frame almost from front to rear would be a real nite mare to try something like that. I may have to look again but sounds like a major undertaking to just add framing as you suggest.

OldDiyer

Threads
So its been a while and guess there isn't anyone else with this leaning issue that they solved or just didn't care. With out pulling all the sheet metal it is had to see anything on the upper part of the frame. Maybe some day when I have no other things going on I'll think about that. Thanks