Craftsman LTS2000 RUN'S FOR 15 MIN THEN STALLS OUT

fishingman48

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a LTS2000 bought used from backyard repair shop guy seem to know his business / however when i started using mower it ran fine for about 45 min. after that started running high & then low like running out of gas/ gov armature fluctuating repeatedly some back firing and stalling / choking out/ leave for a bit would start back up run fine for 5 min then start all over again /
Had carb & sensor replaced" brand-new" started up ran fine how ever got home ran it for around 15 minutes and died out tried starting it no fire just turn over waited 5 min & tried it started up ran for a bit then started choking outgain left it for like 20 minutes came back it started right up ran like a champ 5 minutes later starts choking out again just like it did prior to installing new carb & sensor.
Plenty of fuel through line to carb air filter new, all throttle arm's work nothing sticking outside when using throttle, new fuel filter & as stated fuel lines are clear.

My question is would the ignition switch have anything to do with this?
or coil since new carb & sensor

Last edited:

Cusser

Threads
A few years ago, when my LT1000 lawn tractor would stall out after running awhile, I found that the choke butterfly was stuck in the closed position, so it was running rich. I added a hardware store spring to help the butterfly open.

sparkyee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, Check the gas cap vent for plugging!

ghosthorse

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman LTS2000 RUN'S FOR 15 MIN THEN STALLS OUT
Have a LTS2000 bought used from backyard repair shop guy seem to know his business / however when i started using mower it ran fine for about 45 min. after that started running high & then low like running out of gas/ gov armature fluctuating repeatedly some back firing and stalling / choking out/ leave for a bit would start back up run fine for 5 min then start all over again /
Had carb & sensor replaced" brand-new" started up ran fine how ever got home ran it for around 15 minutes and died out tried starting it no fire just turn over waited 5 min & tried it started up ran for a bit then started choking outgain left it for like 20 minutes came back it started right up ran like a champ 5 minutes later starts choking out again just like it did prior to installing new carb & sensor.
Plenty of fuel through line to carb air filter new, all throttle arm's work nothing sticking outside when using throttle, new fuel filter & as stated fuel lines are clear.

My question is would the ignition switch have anything to do with this?
or coil since new carb & sensor
This happened with my Craftsman tractor. Tried everything. Finally someone mentioned the digital Service Reminder / Hour meter. It is on the dashboard of the tractor. After checking it we could see that it wasn't running right. We replaced it and the motor never died again. How a little thing like a timer could cause soo much trouble is mind boggling!

shadetree#1

Threads
what is the exact model of the engine and tractor?

shadetree#1

Threads
What is the model, type and code of the engine?
Quite often the original engine is not always on the tractor especially when purchased used from a BACKYARD REPAIR SHOT.

ghosthorse

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kohler Twin Cylinder 26 hp Pressurized oil system.