Craftsman LT1000 917.27435 carburetor model number?

Craftsman Garage

Threads
  • / Craftsman LT1000 917.27435 carburetor model number?
I have a gray craftsman LT1000 with a 16HP Briggs and Stratton engine and there seem to be no sources to find the model number of my carburetor. Specifically, I am looking for the right float needle because the ethanol in the gas gummed everything up. No listings seem to have the metal piece on the end of the needle. do I need it or can the carburetor function without it? Thanks in advance.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post model xxxxxx, Type xxxx, Trim xx, Code xxxxxxxx from sticker, tag, or stamped into Blower Housing.Thanks, Mark

Last edited:

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Alcohol in the fuel did not gum up the carb. Alcohol is a cleaner. When the fuel in the carb evaporates the additives that are left is the gummy stuff.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Alcohol in the fuel did not gum up the carb. Alcohol is a cleaner. When the fuel in the carb evaporates the additives that are left is the gummy stuff.
This something most don't understand. Now too much alcohol will damage rubber parts but it is all the additives in all gasoline that causes problems as the fuel evaporates from the vented fuel bowls.

Some additives even clogs paper type fuel filters. I this from experience of using unleaded plus (mid grade) gasoline in my '79 Chevy. It had a paper filter mounted in the carburetors. The additive would make it pass the regular fuel filter and clog this filter. It did it so much that keep the tools and filters in the car. And it was a good thing I did as broke down one time on the interstate near Knoxville, TN. I finally went back regular unleaded and the problem went away. It was a chalk like substance that doing the clogging.

I even the red death from Stabil fuel stabilizer in a few engine.