Craftsman GT6000

Threads
Hi! I now have a Craftsman 54" cut. It's a GT6000 model 917.288612. I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with screws and bolts randomly falling off your mower? First it was the exhaust. Duel exhaust both bolts on one side just fell out. So I took one out of the other side and had one bolt in each side. It fell out again so I had to get new ones and Loctite them in. Then it was the bolt that holds the steering sector on came loose. Loctite! NOW, I had to replace the entire steering column and parts. The replacement has the pinion gear screwed to the steering column. It was fine for about a month. Yesterday it came loose TWICE. You turn the steering wheel but keep going straight. At least I didn't loose the screw. Now I have to take it apart so I can Loctite that too. I know what you are thinking...... she's a girl and didn't tighten them enough! NOT I am a sheet metal worker and have had guys think the same thing and come along behind me and try to tighten bolts more. Well, they couldn't. Besides, the exhaust bolts fell out and I had nothing to do with them, LOL.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Normally use the blue medium strength but could use the red high strength.
1624464833302.png