Craftsman 316.794970 / Troy-Bilt TB320BV / MTD Gas Blower/Vacuum Shop Manual and/or answer to reassembly questions...

bond-007

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman 316.794970 / Troy-Bilt TB320BV / MTD Gas Blower/Vacuum Shop Manual and/or answer to reassembly questions...
Sears/Craftsman
Model: 316.794970 REV P00
Item: 41AS320G799

It looks like it cross-references to a Troy-Bilt TB320BV

Does anyone know what series engine this is and where I can find the service manual (or do these smaller 2-cycles not have service manuals, unlike the B&S I have worked on and was able to find easily)?

Long story:
  • Pull-start mechanism went bad. Took the blower apart, and tried to repair it, but it failed again.
  • Couldn't find the part (NLA) at the time, so it went into a storage box.
  • PIcked project back up many years later. Found/ordered a complete replacement pull-start mechanism. Installed it. Seemed like it failed again immediately.
  • I thought the new pull-start mech went bad, so I set the project aside (got an EGO to replace it but now want to have a leaf vacuum of sorts).
  • Took it apart again and realized that I forgot to transfer the shaft spacer from the old pull start assembly given the failure was that the flywheel with integrated woodruff key sheared the key...
  • I have a new flywheel on the way ($15) but before I put this back together, once and for all...

Questions:
  • Torque value is for the crankshaft extension nut that the impeller bolts to
  • Torque for the impeller bolt
  • Loctite?
Thanks!