Craftsman 12.5HP Ride On - Discontinued Parts

freebo86

Threads
Hi there,

I have a Craftsman 12.5 HP 30" Riding Mower (944.601380). which unfortunately the the drive stopped worked on basically the clutch plates broke. Cross referencing part #s the actual component is discontinued. Part I am looking for is #441097 or 532441097 - Plate Clutch Drive its called, which is #59 on blow up diagram.

Looking to see if anyone has any ideas or help on how to tackle this and potentially find a replacement that would work.

EDIT: Photo of machine added.

Attachments

• Craftsman.PNG
    Craftsman.PNG
    972.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Clitch.PNG
    Clitch.PNG
    40.2 KB · Views: 30
  • craft1.jpg
    craft1.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Even the complete assy PN 580393001 is NLA. About you can do is look for another mower that is being parted out.

freebo86

Threads
Even the complete assy PN 580393001 is NLA. About you can do is look for another mower that is being parted out.

Appreciate the response. Any idea if that clutch material could be purchased as a blank and I could trace out my own peace? I have the clutch plates that were on it, they just cracked.. if these could be glued/welded back together I guess that would do the trick but I don't think either of those would be a viable solution.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
Hi there,

I have a Craftsman 12.5 HP 30" Riding Mower (944.601380). which unfortunately the the drive stopped worked on basically the clutch plates broke. Cross referencing part #s the actual component is discontinued. Part I am looking for is #441097 or 532441097 - Plate Clutch Drive its called, which is #59 on blow up diagram.

Looking to see if anyone has any ideas or help on how to tackle this and potentially find a replacement that would work.

There are firms that rebuild automotive clutch plates. They can make the part if you can find the right company, otherwise it's a hunt for NOS on Google.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
Hi there,

Made by Poulan and now under Husqavarna sub devision HOP and NLA.

freebo86

Threads
Not sounding well at all basically. What a shame as the machine overall is in fantastic shape

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Not sounding well at all basically. What a shame as the machine overall is in fantastic shape
I know the feeling I recently a well maintained Yazoo ZTR which was Husqvarna ZTR in different clothes. 22 yrs old and no parts available. I ended up having to use a beer can to fix it.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
there are many threads on the clutch packs. The people who have fixed them have made their own plates. That said, I could not even find a manual for the unit or full parts diagram without having to pay for it, and the tractor number doesn't even come up on many sites. Why, I have no idea.

freebo86

Threads
there are many threads on the clutch packs. The people who have fixed them have made their own plates. That said, I could not even find a manual for the unit or full parts diagram without having to pay for it, and the tractor number doesn't even come up on many sites. Why, I have no idea.

what ya need? I found manual and parts diagram online easy?
How did they make their own clutch packs?