Courage Governor?

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Hi, again. Some of you know I was dealing with a cracked block. I finally got a good block and have it all together but I need to know how to set the governor arm before I tighten it. Thanks. Screenshot_20210625-150511_Gallery.jpg

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Initial Adjustment Procedure......Make this adjustment whenever governor arm is loosened or removed from cross shaft. Adjust as follows:1.
Make sure throttle linkage is connected to governor arm and throttle lever on carburetor. 2. Loosen nut holding governor lever to cross shaft.3. Move governor lever toward carburetor as far as it will go ( or to wide open throttle) and hold in this position.4. Grasp cross shaft with a pliers, and turn shaft counterclockwise as far as it will go. while holding it in this position, tighten the clamp nut.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Initial Adjustment Procedure......Make this adjustment whenever governor arm is loosened or removed from cross shaft. Adjust as follows:1.
Make sure throttle linkage is connected to governor arm and throttle lever on carburetor. 2. Loosen nut holding governor lever to cross shaft.3. Move governor lever toward carburetor as far as it will go ( or to wide open throttle) and hold in this position.4. Grasp cross shaft with a pliers, and turn shaft counterclockwise as far as it will go. while holding it in this position, tighten the clamp nut.
Got it! Thank you!