country clipper forum

Frank Gambino

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will say one thing about my older country clipper vs the newer ones... since my use is purely residential, I would get the cheapest country clipper that had the pivoting front end. Which I think is the Edge XLT ... I don't expect to have to replace mine anytime soon... but I really miss the pivoting front end my Snapper had vs this solid front end of my Jazee one. (2010 version) I have no idea what the cost diff is for the 48 inch Edge with a joystick vs a 48inch Avenue... but I think over the course of 10 years minimum that I keep one of these it would be worth it. I am not at all unhappy with the cut from mine, its just the deck and mower overall seemed to float over bumps and dips better on the Snapper Yard cruiser that was my 1st ZT.
I'm with you on that. I just bought my first CC, and I chose the XLT 48" for that very reason, although it also comes with a more robust pair of drive units than the other residential units.

Eknopps

Forum Newbie
Threads
There are so few owners with Country Clippers on this site, I can see why there is not a forum. Mine has been so troublefree I dont know what I would talk about anyway. I do like it though.
Have you had any trouble with the Joy Stick steering linkage ? I bought a new Country Clipper ( Boulevard ) last year and really like the mower but the linkage fell off that goes to the Joy stick. I was able to find it and get it back on but when I start the mower it wants to turn sharp to the left as soon as it starts up. The business I got it from is hour and half drive one way so I'd like to fix this myself but not sure what the linkage should be set at... Any Help from Anyone would be greatly Appreciated. Thanks

Eknopps

Forum Newbie
Threads
my joystick so far has not needed any maintenance... its all rods and heim joints and I have not seen any grease fittings on them, the spindles all need a shot every year tho'

My briggs finally died so I replaced it with a newer one that says it has pressure lubrication. The briggs had issues since my 1st year where the carb leaked gas in the crankcase... I put a fuel cutoff valve on it but I think the damage was done. It smoked and blew oil out the fuelpump but still ran well... until the avs system broke! It ran fine but the vibration was unbelievable I bought a new Country Clipper ( Boulevard ) last year and really like the mower but the Joy Stick steering linkage fell off that goes to the Joy stick. I was able to find it and get it back on but when I start the mower it wants to turn sharp to the left as soon as it starts up. The business I got it from is hour and half drive one way so I'd like to fix this myself but not sure what the linkage should be set at... Any Help from Anyone would be greatly Appreciated. Thanks

Eknopps

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone had trouble with the Joy Stick steering linkage ? I bought a new Country Clipper ( Boulevard ) last year ( 2021 ) and really like the mower but the linkage fell off that goes to the Joy stick. I was able to find it and get it back on but when I start the mower it wants to turn sharp to the left as soon as it starts up. The business I got it from is an hour and half drive one way so I'd like to fix this myself but not sure what the linkage should be set at... Any Help from Anyone would be greatly Appreciated. Thanks