Countax C800H tractor mower: replacing transmission and PTO belts

Phlebas

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Countax C800H tractor mower: replacing transmission and PTO belts
I am looking for information on replacing the Transmission and PTO belts on this hydrostatic drive machine. The process of removing these two belts is more complex than my previous K18 machine. A major part of the problem is that each belt leaves a common drive shaft from the Honda engine and runs through two pulleys, making 4 pulleys for the two belts, before one belt terminates at the large PTO pulley. The Transmission belt does an S-loop through it's two pulleys and ends up at the Tuff hydrostatic unit, where it runs a pulley-fan arrangement just below the PTO pulley (that causes another little problem - which I've resolved. However, the biggest problem is that three of the four pulleys include a metal belt guard which encircles the pulley so the belt does not fly off. However, these guards then make it impossible to remove the belt without dismantling each of these three pulleys, and to do that the jockey plates (which hold them) have to be removed. To complicate things further one of the two pulley mounting plates is linked to the hand brake and also the hydrostatic unit by several rods.
Anyone out there with experience of replacing these belts on this type of hydrostatic Countax?