Correct Valve Settings

Kajun

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy Bilt pony with a Briggs & Stratton 17.5 IC OHV engine. For some reason, the Model Number was never stamped on the Valve Cover. The only numbers I found are located on the emissions tag which B&S said doesn't help. Can anyone with this same engine give me the correct valve settings.

Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Depending on age the model number could of been a stamped tag riveted to the blower housing next to the flywheel, or could be stamped into the housing above the spark plug or on the side of the housing. Also make sure the valve cover isn't installed upside down putting the numbers on the bottom.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IN .003"-.005"
EX .005"-.007"

Kajun

Forum Newbie
Threads
Depending on age the model number could of been a stamped tag riveted to the blower housing next to the flywheel, or could be stamped into the housing above the spark plug or on the side of the housing. Also make sure the valve cover isn't installed upside down putting the numbers on the bottom.

Kajun

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had this motor apart looking for a model number, this is one that slipped through the system. The only thing I didn't do, was to split the case. I bought the mower in early 2006, listed as a 2005 model. So I would guess the motor is a 2005 vintage..

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I had this motor apart looking for a model number, this is one that slipped through the system. The only thing I didn't do, was to split the case. I bought the mower in early 2006, listed as a 2005 model. So I would guess the motor is a 2005 vintage..
Could you post the model and serial number from under the seat if that tag is still there. MTD sometimes will have the engine model number listed as part of the parts diagram on the dealer site.

Kajun

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here are numbers from the Bar Code and Product Tag I found under the seat. Hope this helps.

Bar Code 43033 53541

Troy Bilt Tag Model Number 233644 13AN77TG766 S/N 1D056B30312 DOM: 4/2006