Considering a zero turn mower. Thoughts and advice please?

Maykinit

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Considering a zero turn mower. Thoughts and advice please?
I have always wanted a ztr mower. That said, I really don't have a "need". I have mowed my 1/3 acre of green for a long time with a riding mower equipped with a 48" deck. I've about decided a Scag is in my near future. I am of retirement age and figure what the hell. I am looking for opinions here. What I am seeing from the Scag website is that I can equip the 42" with the Kawasaki engine. It is not an option for the 48". And so again, I am here for any advice, criticism and/or recommendations. A sincere thanks in advance.

Graeme1425

Forum Newbie
Threads
my son in law bought a zero turn from a friend. Using it on my large garden felt uneasy. I wasn't scooting around as I thought I would and I must say I quickly defaulted back to my ride on. I can see they are good for daily use especially on roadside verges, treed areas but my jury remains out

Bertrrr

Threads
We went to Zero Turn about 10 yrs ago, will not go back to anything else , these are very nice and easy to manipulate around the yard. Mine is a Bad boy but I have worked on all brands, Kubota is not user friendly to maintain and very expensive - I would stay away from any brand that has fuel injection / touch pad controls , when these give problems you'll be dragging it back to the dealership for service. Just my two cents.

RayMcD

Threads
I have always wanted a ztr mower. That said, I really don't have a "need". I have mowed my 1/3 acre of green for a long time with a riding mower equipped with a 48" deck. I've about decided a Scag is in my near future. I am of retirement age and figure what the hell. I am looking for opinions here. What I am seeing from the Scag website is that I can equip the 42" with the Kawasaki engine. It is not an option for the 48". And so again, I am here for any advice, criticism and/or recommendations. A sincere thanks in advance.
48" https://www.bobcat.com/na/en/equipment/mowers/zero-turn-mowers/zt2000