Connecting rod ?

Kellz519

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a question from some of you small engine guys. I John Deere engine would die under load. (in gear or engaging blades). Have a guy looking at it it.Said I have a loose connecting rod. I never heard any knocking and not sure how that is determined without breaking down the engine.Or is it ? Thank you

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Run away from that guy as fast as possible. personally i've never heard of a loose rod making an engine die under load.
Dying under load could be your governor not working, or a fuel issue.
we need some more info from the engine like the manufacturer and model number.

Last edited:

Kellz519

Forum Newbie
Threads
So im correct to assume he is full of $hit? Basically said pay him what i owe and he will get rid of machine. Just didnt sound right to me anyway . Machine is a John Deere Sabre. .I will get more info when I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
So im correct to assume he is full of $hit? Basically said pay him what i owe and he will get rid of machine. Just didnt sound right to me anyway . Machine is a John Deere Sabre. .I will get more info when I can.
Possibly overflowing

Last edited by a moderator:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If this guy is running a business, he was just looking at you like a fool. I would spread the word after you get it fixed, because he has probably done this to others. He’s either a crook or at best an extremely poor DYI. Like Scrub said we need more info. Along with the engine numbers, paint us a better picture of what is happening. Remember we are not standing next to you so you must be our eyes and ears. Be as accurate as you can, nothing is to small.

Kellz519

Forum Newbie
Threads
Run away from that guy as fast as possible. personally i've never heard of a loose rod making an engine die under load.
Dying under load could be your governor not working, or a fuel issue.
we need some more info from the engine like the manufacturer and model number.

Attachments

• 068DD155-A2E1-4897-872B-63EC5E86BBBE.jpeg
    068DD155-A2E1-4897-872B-63EC5E86BBBE.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 14

Kellz519

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is the engine model and type . Thanks guys

Kellz519

Forum Newbie
Threads
If this guy is running a business, he was just looking at you like a fool. I would spread the word after you get it fixed, because he has probably done this to others. He’s either a crook or at best an extremely poor DYI. Like Scrub said we need more info. Along with the engine numbers, paint us a better picture of what is happening. Remember we are not standing next to you so you must be our eyes and ears. Be as accurate as you can, nothing is to small.
I included photo of the engine type for you to see

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I can barely make out the first model numbers. Looks like 280707?