Compressor Question

bill18163

Threads
I am going to install a new compressor in my pole barn. The one I have now is air cooled and 30 gal. The new one is not air cooled. It has an oil bath gear case. On the old one I have a ball cock in a drain line to drain the accumulated water out of the bottom of the tank. I want to do the same to the new one when I set it up. I have the drain piping with the ball cock pointed down at my concrete floor with a street ell. Over time the draining has not made much of a mess except for some rust stains on the floor. Since I want to put the same type of drain on the new compressor I have some concern about the mess it might make on the floor over time. I suspect some oil will come out of the bottom of the tank along with any accumulation of water. I don't know how much to expect though. So has anyone had this experience? What should I expect? If it will make a mess, does anyone have any ideas on how to contain the air drain outflow so I won't have a lot of oil on the floor?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How much water is totally dependent upon what the humidity is on the days when the compressor is running
Nothing stopping you from putting a different cock in the hole for the current drain cock and running some tube to a drain outside
IF you use it a lot then run the tube to some mint that will enjoy the extra water & taste good in lemon juice .