Cmm1200 not turning on (where is breaker?)

ryanfinke

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I have a Black & Decker CMM1200 cordless lawnmower.

Recently, it turned off while I was cutting. I thought the battery may have died, so I charged it overnight. The next day it powered on for about 10 seconds and then turned off again. I could not get it to start again.

I had previously repaired the pivot pin in my handle, so that doesn't seem to be the issue. I replaced my batteries last year, so I don't think that's the issue.

I've read many posts about replacing the breaker, and that seems like the next step for me, but I haven't found any videos which have the same clam-shell handle as mine (see photo attached. I opened up my handle and removed the pivot pin during the process.). When I pull the handle fully, I hear/feel a click noise.

IMG_20180627_211457655.jpg

Any ideas of the issue? If the breaker needs to be replaced, where can I access that?

Edit 6/28/2018 ------------------------

I turned on the mower again today. Ran for about 10 seconds, then could tell the power was reducing. Eventually, mower stopped. I waited a few seconds, then pulled the handle again, it powered on (but with low power) for only a couple seconds then faded away.

I took apart more of the clamshell handle and found the mechanism that completes the circuit (is this the switch?). I've taken some photos of it to share. One of the round connectors looks melted and is concave. Could this be causing the issue?

IMG_20180628_205800298_LL.jpgIMG_20180628_210043262_LL.jpg

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
My thought is the charger is not working. Have a lot of that on here. Try charging the batteries with a 12v charger for no more than 18 hours each. See if that fixes your problem. Disconnect the batteries to do this. Charge them one at a time. Nice site to see the parts and where they are at.
http://markselectricmower.blogspot.com/2009/08/circuit-details.html

Mark Widmer

Threads

Be aware that those photos are for the cmm1000, which is similar to the cmm1200. I don't know how much alike the circuits are.

Breakers going bad after a few years was a fairly common problem for the cmm1000, and presumably for the cmm1200 as well. I once posted more specifics about replacing the breaker in the cmm1000:
http://markselectricmower.blogspot.com/2009/11/fixing-problem-june-2009.html

On the 1200, the breaker is not located in the handle but rather inside the body of the mower near the battery. You're looking for a rectangular box-shaped thing about 1 inch long.

I'll post some photos soon showing the breaker location on the 1200.

Mark

Mark Widmer

Threads
Edit 6/28/2018 ------------------------

I turned on the mower again today. Ran for about 10 seconds, then could tell the power was reducing. Eventually, mower stopped. I waited a few seconds, then pulled the handle again, it powered on (but with low power) for only a couple seconds then faded away.
Oh! If power is noticeably fading, I doubt it's the breaker. A breaker opening should cause an instant cut-off of power. So, probably a battery problem -- either the battery itself or as BlazNT suggest, perhaps the charger.

I took apart more of the clamshell handle and found the mechanism that completes the circuit (is this the switch?). I've taken some photos of it to share. One of the round connectors looks melted and is concave. Could this be causing the issue?

View attachment 38792View attachment 38793
That may be normal wear for switch contacts and I doubt it is the issue. If it were the problem, I don't think you'd observe the gradual loss of power, only to have mower power come back later.

Best bet is probably either use a charger you can trust, or try new batteries. How old are the ones you currently have? I used to get maybe 3-4 years out of mine on my cmm1000.

If you want to eliminate the breaker as the problem, you could try bypassing it /shorting it out. DISCLAIMER: do this at your own risk, and only if you're reasonably comfortable doing a test like this.

As promised, here are pictures showing the breaker location.

First, the open CMM1200, with and without the styrofoam inserts that secure the battery:
CMM1200_8112_640x480.jpg CMM1200_8113_640x480.jpg

The breaker is mounted on the left side in this photo, just to the right of the spring. (Red & white wires connected to bottom terminal, different red wire connected to top copper-colored terminal.)
CMM1200_8121_640x480.jpg

Here are two closeups of the breaker, which has been unfastened from the mower body here.
CMM1200_8122_640x512.jpg CMM1200_8125_640x480.jpg

Randaktopsy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Нарколог на дом Москва med24.online

Алкоголизм-одна из самых ужасных болезней на нашей планете. Человек собственноручно уничтожает сам себя медленно, при этом мучается не только больной, но и его родные, семья и друзья. Представленная клиника помогает вылечить это заболевание как на дому, так и в стационаре. Специалисты, которые имеют высокую квалификацию, практику и профессионализм позаботятся о каждом клиенте лично, подходя к каждому случаю с его особенностями.

Если Вы искали платный нарколог на дом москва то Вы пришли по правильному адресу. На следующем интернет сайте med24.online Вы найдете множество важной информации о нашей деятельности, как вызвать врача домой, стоимость наших услуг и многое другое. Мы работаем по многим городам России круглосуточно. Также мы оказываем лечение больных инкогнито, не раскрывая личных данных.

В жизни бывает множество различных событий, которые, вынуждают человека выпивать алкоголь. Особенно сегодня, в наше трудное время, когда некоторые люди стали изолированными от социума, принуждены сидеть дома без заработной платы или работы.

Часто люди, которые зависимы от алкоголя или наркотических веществ не признают эту действительность, думают, что могут прекратить в любую минуту, но они очень ошибаются. Тем самым они изредка когда обращаются к врачу. Обычно это осуществляют их родные и любящие люди, чтобы помочь им жить нормальной жизнью. Если Ваш близкий человек страдает алкогольной зависимостью, часто пьет, похмеляется утром, ведет себя нервно по отношению к другим людям или не может сам выйти из запоя, то мы рады помочь Вам на нашем интернет сайте.

Изучайте больше, зайдя на страницу - анонимная детоксикация москва . Расценки услуг Вы сможете найти в соответствующем разделе на сайте med24.online. Чтобы вывести человека из запоя на дому, необходимо вызвать врача по круглосуточному телефону +7(958)111-7-219. Или заполните анкету на нашем сайте, вписав свой номер контактного телефона и имя и мы обязательно Вам перезвоним.

Наша клиника работает 24 часа в сутки, что очень выгодно для наших клиентов. Нет надобности идти в клинику, вставать в утреннее время или делать заблаговременную запись, сидеть в длинной очереди и чувствовать дискомфорт. Наши специалисты приедут к Вам в течение одного часа, примут все меры для того, чтобы вывести больного из 10-ти дневного запоя за один выезд.

И уже через 4-6 часов нашим клиентам становится намного легче при обязательном исполнении рекомендаций врача. Также отдельно хотелось бы рассказать про анонимность. Чтобы Ваши соседи не поняли того, что к Вам приезжали врачи, мы можем приехать в гражданской одежде и на не служебном автомобиле.

Адрес одной из наших клиник: Ленинградская обл., Ломоносовский муниципальный р-н, Аннинское сельское поселение, Красносельское шоссе, ст. 2 А. Но мы осуществляем работу по многим городам нашей страны. На следующем сайте med24.online Вы сможете увидеть весь список областей, где мы предоставляем наркологическую помощь пациентам.

За долгий период жизни нашей клиники мы получаем ежедневно огромное количество благодарственных отзывов, которые Вы сможете увидеть на нашем сайте. А также Вы можете написать свой отзыв после полученной помощи. Не бойтесь обратиться в нашу клинику, бойтесь лишиться близкого Вам человека-супруга или папу, брата или сестру, мать или свекровь, друга или дочь. Главное не бросать близких Вам людей в сложный момент их жизни и немедленно позвонить нам.