Clogged oil passage

GrandpaBud

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an 025 chain saw that’s not getting bar oil. I think it’s either the pump or the passage out of the pump that’s the issue. The passge going from the pump is supposed to be free flowing if i put air through it right? Because if so it’s not. Air doesn’t go through. How can i unclogg this passage? I’ve tried a bunch of wires and blowing and are a vacuum. I can’t see any obstruction but apparently there is one

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Put air where ?
Stihl have some of the most complicated oil pumps ever fitted to a chain saw
The tank has 2 passageways that have to be clear
The air bleed & the oil gallery
The part that usually fails is the rubber connection between the pump & the tank
If you pressurize the tank air should come out of the bleed valve but you will not get oil to come out usually because of the nature of the pump

GrandpaBud

Forum Newbie
Threads
Put air where ?
Stihl have some of the most complicated oil pumps ever fitted to a chain saw
The tank has 2 passageways that have to be clear
The air bleed & the oil gallery
The part that usually fails is the rubber connection between the pump & the tank
If you pressurize the tank air should come out of the bleed valve but you will not get oil to come out usually because of the nature of the pump
I was just gonna take some photos when i read a different post and read someone take about a screw under the muffler and went ahead and checked that out and seems like that’s an oil flow adjustment screw and mine had worked its way all the way in. Dialed it out a little and now she’s flowing nicley!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The IPL I have here shows a non adjustable oil pump.
The adjustable pump was obviously a latter model upgrade
This is why we are always going on about model & serial numbers
A lot of poster thing this s some sort of Nazi imperialism but it is the basic information we need to make sure you get the right information
Pulling the oil pump out on an 021 is a major operation ( 2 + hours ) which makes it uneconomic for most customers .
Good to see yours was just a FTRTM problem & is now sorted
And thanks for for coming back & closing the thread .

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kind of odd. I have never seen an 025 with an adjustable oiler. Also, every "0" series and newer i have seen with an adjustable oiler the adjusting screw is on the bottom of the oil pump and is adjusted from the bottom of the saw and you turn it clockwise to increase the oil. The screw under the muffler has me intrigued. A pic would be nice.