Classic T Blades Won't Engage

Grhopper

Forum Newbie
Threads
2012 Classic T 2750. With engine off and switch in on position, I turn the PTO switch to on and hear a click. I have 12 volts coming from the clutch pigtail. With engine running, when I turn the PTO switch on, I can see the belt try to move a little, but doesn't engage. Prior to this I would notice the blades slowing down when cutting grass, then speed back up to normal operation when over areas that were already cut. What should my next troubleshoot be?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I believe that clutch is adjustable. If you have three bolts that go through the top plate with springs between the top plate and lower plate with adjusting nuts on it is adjustable. Take a .010 feeler gauge and put it in the hole above the lower plate. You can see the space where it will fit and adjust with the feeler gauge. Don't tight at one bolt and go to the next. Tighten all together you may have to play with it to get it right. If that doesn't work will have to buy a new clutch.

Grhopper

Forum Newbie
Threads
I do see the three bolts with the springs. I will have to get a feeler gauge. What is the risk of over-tightening?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
it will wear on the clutch plates needs some clearance to avoid this.