Cheetah II - 37hp Vanguard EFI

Propwash

Forum Newbie
Threads
Gentleman, I recently sold my 15 year old Ztrak and purchased a new Cheetah II. The Cheetah eat up two belts in 3.5 hrs which was very discouraging to me. The dealer couldn't find the problem so he gave me another Cheetah II with approx. 1.5 hrs. I have put approximately 4 hrs on my second new Cheetah and it looks like I am still getting excessive ware along the inside edges of the main deck belt. If you watch the belts while the deck is engaged you will notice that they flop around like crazy which is the opposite of my old John Deere Ztrak. Is slop in the deck belts normal on the Scag mowers? I've totally lost confidence in the Scag mowers and I would certainly appreciate any input you may have on the subject.

Richie F

Threads
Did you try contacting Scag directly and ask them ?

Richie F

Threads
I did ask the dealer about contacting a Scag REP but don't know if he ever did.
Try yourself to contact Scag.
Email them if need be and say you're a dissatisfied customer.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would not do that until the dealer throws their hands in the air and says they can't fix it. Don't poison your relationship with the dealer if you can help it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unfortunately the deck belt springs are not adjustable
However I don't think that is your problem
You say the belt is wearing at the edge so have a good look at your pulleys
If you see one where the wear marks indicate the belt is running on the very edge of the pulley then either pack the pulley up with a washer or two or pop the bush and grind a little off it .
Might be a bad batch of springs or a batch of slightly out of spec pulleys.
Where a belt is too loose they can be tightened by fitting a bigger idler pulley provided that it does not foul.
The dealer is very limited as to what he is allowed to do without Scags say so.
Asking for a refund usually cause them to spring into action.

mcdonell

Threads
Hate to hear your having belt problems with the new mower. My Cheetah is about 5 years old with original belts. They do flop around some but everything works fine. Hope your dealer and Skag come to your rescue. They should.