Charging Electric Mowers and Advice on other things

BrokeWhiteboy93

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello.
I'm really in debt. A couple years ago I really wanted to do landscaping, yardwork, mowing, farming, etc. I could never get hired from lawn places. I never even got a chance for the longest time. I'm average height 6'1 and decent build but because either I had no experience other than push mowing my own yards or people just didn't like me because I'm quiet I could never even get an interview. I even went to school while I was working full time at Freddy's steakburgers for agriculture. My teacher knew someone who was looking for a helper doing lawns. I found this guy who gave me a chance to learn to mow and weedeat. Unfortunately I ran into some health problems and this guy was really a major asshole, and I'm not being sensitive either.
While I was working with him I was trying to mow on the side as well. I bought this electric mower that was cheap trying to save gas money. It lost power on me before I was even done with half of the front yard. So I tried to power it with a charger that was connected to my car. Ofcourse this defeated the whole purpose because I was using gas on my car to barley/hardley charge the stupid mower. I ended up driving back to my house to get my gas push mower. Had to tie it because was fitting it in the trunk of my car. This all of course is embarssing while its happening. Also by the time it was said done probably made 5 dollars per hour.
My question how can I charge an electric mower fast, while on a job? What do I need or is it even possible? I work full time and on my time off I need to keep working to pay off credit card debt because of the pandemic. Would I be wasting my time in the long run?
I had more questions but I forgot by the time I finished this. I may come back.
It may be several days before I respond.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Short answer is you can not
Get a spare battery to swap with

BrokeWhiteboy93

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you think as someone mowing on the side that it would be a waste of time to buy a good electric push mower and an extra battery or should I just use a basic gas mower?

damoore46

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is my opinion, and I don't have any experience with electric mowers. I would think that it would be better starting off with gas powered as they are cheaper to buy, and probably cheaper to fix at this point in time. Maybe as the "electric evolution" continues, they will drop in price both for the machines and batteries. Who knows, maybe if you make enough and put money back into your business, you can have one mower of each type and compare them to see which one is better for you.

David