Change starter.

Nick v

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have to change the starter on my Lt 1000. It appears I have to remove the flywheel to do this.Am I missing something . Most craftsman Lt 1000 machines that I see on you tube have starters that bolt to the side of the motor.if it necessary to remove the flywheel, does anyone know the torque for the center bolt.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
We can't help you without knowing what engine you are working on. How about a model number of the engine so we can give further information.

Nick v

Forum Newbie
Threads
We can't help you without knowing what engine you are working on. How about a model number of the engine so we can give further informatiSprry
We can't help you without knowing what engine you are working on. How about a model number of the engine so we can give further information.
Sorry, The engine is a Briggs&Stratton 18hP model 422707

Nick v

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry, The engine is aBriggs &Stratton Twin II model 422707. Thank you

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It can be changed without pulling the flywheel, but is a slow tedious process, and is easier if the flywheel is removed. If the flywheel has the big nut then 150 ft/lb. post the rest of the series of numbers behind the 422707 so we can determine if that is correct for your engine. Some of the engines used a bolt instead of the nut.

Nick v

Forum Newbie
Threads
It can be changed without pulling the flywheel, but is a slow tedious process, and is easier if the flywheel is removed. If the flywheel has the big nut then 150 ft/lb. post the rest of the series of numbers behind the 422707 so we can determine if that is correct for your engine. Some of the engines used a bolt instead of the nut.
The numbers that follow are Type 1264 01 and code 9603135A.. it is a large nut and not a bolt. Thank you for your advice