Change from Wheel bolt to Stud and Nut

yellbird

Threads
Was wondering if anyone has changed Wheel from wheel bolt to Stud and Nut. Gets frustrating putting wheels on with the bolt system.

Ben-Ben

Forum Newbie
Threads
I took 2 long shank 1/2"-20NC bolts and cut heads off to use as guide studs. Install 2 guide studs and slip rim on guide studs. Install 3 lug bolts snugly, remove guide studs and install remaining 2 lug bolts. Sure guide studs in fender storage compartment.
This should reduce frustration. I also did this for my buddy"s boat trailer with the same style hubs with bolt lugs.

yellbird

Threads
I took 2 long shank 1/2"-20NC bolts and cut heads off to use as guide studs. Install 2 guide studs and slip rim on guide studs. Install 3 lug bolts snugly, remove guide studs and install remaining 2 lug bolts. Sure guide studs in fender storage compartment.
This should reduce frustration. I also did this for my buddy"s boat trailer with the same style hubs with bolt lugs.
That's what I have been doing, I called Grasshopper a few ago and they sent me some studs without the heads, works OK but just wish they would change to studs.
I appreciate your reply, Thanks