Ch395 throttle control

atomic67

Threads
Bought a replacement carb, but there isn't a hole for the throttle linkage to fit in. Should I drill a hole to secure it?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Personally I wouldn’t do that. If there’s no way to hook the linkage to the carb, you’ve either have the wrong carb or a cheap junk carb. I’ve worked on Kohler’s for fifty years and this would be a first to me, having an OEM carb with no way to attach the linkage. Post your engine numbers and the the part number for the carb you are attempting to install. I’d like to double check compatibility. Pic of the carb would help also.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Send the carburetor back as you probably went the cheap route and brought a clone that has a defect as usual.

atomic67

Threads
Personally I wouldn’t do that. If there’s no way to hook the linkage to the carb, you’ve either have the wrong carb or a cheap junk carb. I’ve worked on Kohler’s for fifty years and this would be a first to me, having an OEM carb with no way to attach the linkage. Post your engine numbers and the the part number for the carb you are attempting to install. I’d like to double check compatibility. Pic of the carb would help also.
Your right about it not being OEM. I'm trying to clean the OEM carb, but it's been a fiasco. The fuel shut off assembly is packed with a crumbly, white material, and also some jelly like substance