ch22 76516 kohler engine

goat roper

Threads
I have a shorted out fuel solenoid wire that has 2 diodes in the wire, the wire splits into two separate wires that connects with the main wire harness. The diodes shorted out at the clip at the back of the engine. What are these diodes for? Could I wire them straight as they are burned up? This engine is in a cub cadet/mtd 3206 series mower, year 2000.
Thanks for any input,
RGM

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you sure these are diodes? Seems odd for a simple DC circuit to have those in it. If you have any junk electronics laying around you might find a couple diodes in there to use, old CFL or LED light bulbs too.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You may have one wire going to the solenoid, the others to the kill circuit to the ignition coils, and you must be careful then.
The soleniod works with voltage to it to work, and usually grounds through the block/mount.
The kill wires connect the coils to ground to shut down the engine, and voltage must never reach the coils, as that will damage them.
Can you take some pics?

goat roper

Threads
You may have one wire going to the solenoid, the others to the kill circuit to the ignition coils, and you must be careful then.
The soleniod works with voltage to it to work, and usually grounds through the block/mount.
The kill wires connect the coils to ground to shut down the engine, and voltage must never reach the coils, as that will damage them.
Can you take some pics?
Let me post post a link to the website : https://pandpsmallengines.com/ it's in the manual section for a 3206 cub cadet year 2000. I hope this uploaded for you. Thanks for you help.

Attachments

• 3206_2000.pdf
    592.2 KB · Views: 6

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, the two white wires to the coils go back to the "m" post on the keyswitch, and don't have anything to do with the fuel solenoid. Find and post the engine's spec numbers for a more detailed view of the engine's wiring.

goat roper

Threads
Yeah, the two white wires to the coils go back to the "m" post on the keyswitch, and don't have anything to do with the fuel solenoid. Find and post the engine's spec numbers for a more detailed view of the engine's wiring.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK, I see the diodes I guess you are talking about, on the red wires. I guess to prevent sending voltage back to the other switches during normal use.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was guessing diodes on the wires to the coils, which are white in this schematic.

goat roper

Threads
Kohler don't give an example of the wiring detail in their website. The one I posted is the best I have found.