CC ZT2 vs Scag Liberty Z vs Bobcat ZT2000

starquestbd22

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all. Looking to replace my Hustler Raptor SD 54 which has served me pretty well over the last 5 years. Was settled on a CC ZT2 54 but can't get one right now. A local dealer friend turned me on to an individual who has a ZT2 54 that he purchased in March and currently has 10 hours on it. He said his wife cannot get the hang of the lap bars and they have purchased a steering wheel model. I can buy this mower for $3600.

Absent a new CC, I am considering a Scag Liberty Z 52 or a Bobcat ZT2000 52. My price on these mowers is around $4800 and $5100 respectively. My local Scag dealer keeps trying to push me into a Patriot 52 which is $6500-6900 after discount. I'm sure it's a beast of a mower but given my relatively flat 1.5-2 acres that I have had no difficulty mowing with my Hustler, I'm just not sure I see the need to spend that kind of money.

On paper, the ZT2, Liberty Z, and ZT2000 appear to be pretty much the same mower in a different flavor. All three have the same FR691V. Is there something that makes one stand out from the others or am I correct that they are fairly equal? Am I a fool to pass up the savings on the very slightly used CC? Or is there something I'm missing about the Patriot that makes it worth a few grand more than the others?

Thanks!

doughboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would beware of any salesman "pushing into a sale of any product". With that said, I have rented several Cub Cadets (assuming that is the CC reference) and the older ones do not seem to fair well for my property - which is not flat, but very bumpy terrain. Beat up my back and popped belts like crazy. I rented a newer 2018+ CC ZT with a steering wheel and that thing was awesome, aside from beating me to death. Cut well, and ran great, I have since purchased a Bobcat ZT2000 after visiting many dealers for Big Dog, Scag, JD, Exmark, Ferris, and some others. I liked the simplicity of the Bobcat to be honest and its sturdy frame, the name in the industry for larger equipment helps too - in my opinion. They are not a box store carry item (JD), not proprietary parts (CC), etc. Time will tell if it holds up - and I know all the big names - all have pros/cons as with anything we purchase. But if you found a good deal on something with a decent reputation, you can get parts for, can work on - go for it. Who's to say it is / will be any better or worse than any other machine out there. Good luck!

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would say the used one will have no warranty, usually not transferable. But the deal sounds good otherwise.

Stan dunga

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would beware of any salesman "pushing into a sale of any product". With that said, I have rented several Cub Cadets (assuming that is the CC reference) and the older ones do not seem to fair well for my property - which is not flat, but very bumpy terrain. Beat up my back and popped belts like crazy. I rented a newer 2018+ CC ZT with a steering wheel and that thing was awesome, aside from beating me to death. Cut well, and ran great, I have since purchased a Bobcat ZT2000 after visiting many dealers for Big Dog, Scag, JD, Exmark, Ferris, and some others. I liked the simplicity of the Bobcat to be honest and its sturdy frame, the name in the industry for larger equipment helps too - in my opinion. They are not a box store carry item (JD), not proprietary parts (CC), etc. Time will tell if it holds up - and I know all the big names - all have pros/cons as with anything we purchase. But if you found a good deal on something with a decent reputation, you can get parts for, can work on - go for it. Who's to say it is / will be any better or worse than any other machine out there. Good luck!
Hi doughboy. How’s the bobcat zt2000 holding up after 6months? I’m currently looking at these vs scag liberty and bush ranger. Being a new model here in Australia I thought I’d get the opinion of someone that’s been using one. Cheers