CastelGarden EL63M Workshop Manual

cakerack

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All

I have just bought a CatelGarden EL63M (not sure who the original manufacturer is but I have seen these branded as Mountfield amongst others). Anyway, I have a few issues and I wanted to maybe strip down and give it the once-over. Does anyone know if there is a service manual available for this? Also if anyone knows exactly which Briggs & Stratton engine is fitted to this mower that would be useful. Issues I have are:

1). Engine hunting - suspect governor spring - that why I need to find out what engine it is!
2). Bolt that holds the deck to the adjustment at the front left of the mower has snapped - suspect it wasn't the right one in any event
3). Bolt holding deck to engine at the left hand side missing
4). One of the belt guides has dropped off so need to know where it re-attaches

I suspect the above are contributing to a heavy vibration when I engage the cutting blade.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sean

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have never been able to find any service manuals for any Castle Garden product on line.
I have found the equivalent Stiga manuals for some of them
Just about every link in the above search takes you to a page of malwear so if you go through with any of the supposedly downloads hook up an old computer that has a clean hard drive with nothing on there except the operating system to your internet connections & remove all other devices.
If you have home wi-fi set up a separate link for the old computer .
If you do end up with a manual, then print it out, do not copy the file to your regular computer.
If you want an electric copy then scan the print out.
A lot of cyber crime happens when downloading from unsafe sites and a lot of malwear gets tacked onto the back of "free files" in order to steal your identity, banking details or hyjack your computer to get it to distribute spam, malwear, or viruses
If one is found to be a problem then do a hard reboot of your gateway