Carburetor and engine problem

justice

Forum Newbie
Threads
Engine Model Number: 40H777-2421-g1
Product Type: Lawn Tractor
Product Model Number: yth22V42LS
I've just came out the garage still confused This issue has been a real brain twister. I have a Sears tractor that I just took a part looking for an answer This Sears tractor is the same engine, but the carburetor is slightly different, and the linkage is completely different. I have downloaded the parts manual for this engine from Husqvarna web site. The carburetor layout does not appear to be exactly what I need. The part number that keeps coming up for the carburetor that fit this tractor is a 796997. I've scoured various web sites and this number keeps popping up. I bought a carburetor with that part number but that was incorrect carburetor. My carburetor on the side I think would be for the idle the lever is spring loaded. The new carburetor and the parts manual do not show that. Is there another part number for this carburetor that goes on this tractor. Question 2 what is my engine name V Twin, Intek or? Reason for this looking for a repair manual precisely for this engine? I need a manual for when I was removing the old carburetor, I was unable to get a picture of the linkage layout. I notice there is a big spring that goes to the governor, and it still attach but there is a small spring and it just hanging down off the main linkage. or does someone have a diagram of where this connects to the carburetor or linkage. I have viewed several forums and search the internet and cannot find any information on this. I have been looking for about 4 months now and I like to put this one to bed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have purchased B&S OEM parts from website above, your carburetor 796997 is item 25. SEPW is a family owned reputable business.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is only two levers on the carburetor's shafts. One is the throttle vane assembly and the other is the choke vane assy. Choke assemblies can be spring loaded to stay open or closed depending on the design needs. Usually the spring is there to keep the choke from constantly try to closed when at normal operating temps wearing out the shaft.

The smaller spring on the control assy is the governed idle spring which means this engine has an active idle control.
1673592126412.png
The 273521 OHV V-twin service manual will not hold you hand and walk you through step by step on removing the carburetor and intake assy. It is only a guide book for the professional repairer. It will however walk you the adjustment of the governed idle speed adjustments.

When reassembling the intake make sure you replace both of the square cut o-rings. Note: Briggs recently started using a new o-ring design in the intake manifolds Which I just seen lately when I installed a new intake manifold.

justice

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank You that answer sems o clear up a lot of things also about the spring on the carburetor

justice

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is only two levers on the carburetor's shafts. One is the throttle vane assembly and the other is the choke vane assy. Choke assemblies can be spring loaded to stay open or closed depending on the design needs. Usually the spring is there to keep the choke from constantly try to closed when at normal operating temps wearing out the shaft.

The smaller spring on the control assy is the governed idle spring which means this engine has an active idle control.
View attachment 63189
The 273521 OHV V-twin service manual will not hold you hand and walk you through step by step on removing the carburetor and intake assy. It is only a guide book for the professional repairer. It will however walk you the adjustment of the governed idle speed adjustments.

When reassembling the intake make sure you replace both of the square cut o-rings. Note: Briggs recently started using a new o-ring design in the intake manifolds Which I just seen lately when I installed a new intake manifold.
Thank You that answer sems o clear up a lot of things also about the spring on the carburetor