Carb replacement for older (ancient) model

BillMacinOC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, all. Found a mower put to the curb and I am hoping to get some information on finding a replacement carb for a Lawn Boy Model # M21EMRB self-propelled push mower. In speaking to the Lawn Boy help desk, this mower is from the 1991 era and has a Lawn Boy engine rather that another manufacturer (such as B&S, etc.). The carb that is on it is a Mikuni Corporation M100 x013 version. In speaking to Mikuni, they weren't able to provide any information since apparently, they aren't in the small engine lawn mower business any longer.
Some background on the problem with the current unit. I can get the mower to run but as soon as it stops, gas overflows from the air filter. The problem is that the float inside the bowl rides on a pin held between 2 upright arms. One of those arms has broken off which prevents the float from shutting off the incoming gas flow. The broken piece was not in the bowl when I disassembled the carb, so I'm guessing the previous owner gave it a look and decided that was it. I tried rigging up a "fix" using a loop made from thin stainless steel wire and JB Weld, but no luck. Any help anyone can provide would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill