Carb flooding no matter what I do...

electrycmonk

Threads
older Green Craftsman riding mower : 917. 289081
hydrostatic tranny
has a 42" deck like the manual i downloaded says but, the sticker under the hood says it came with a 46"?
19.5HP B&S I/C "Turbo Cool" twin cylinder motor
Model #42E707 TYPE #2631 E1 CODE #9906085B

I did the search in here before starting this thread for "42E707 carb" and came up with 2 pages... read them all and realized none was close to my situation.
Acquired it a couple months ago for under $200 (forgot how close to 150) and planned to use it for parts for the other 3 i have.
Turns out I only snagged the ignition switch for now.....

The previous "owner" said it would start and run for a short bit then die. Said he killed the battery and gave up because it wouldn't stay running.
I took it home. Pressure washed the bee-jeebus out of it 1st!
Then took the whole engine airflow cover off of it & the carb filter assembly cover off too. A rat/mouse had made a nest in the ducting area above one cylinder. Thankfully no wires chewed or damaged. Once I had desulfided that battery it was ready to test start.

Holy cow, it was pumping fuel into the intake pipe like it was a drinking fountain. sure it did start and ran for a bit but, i turned it off due to the fuel being blown up out the intake like a fountain of fog getting everything wet.

My 1st thought, carb cleaner stat! Thankfully I was starting with an empty fuel tank when I got it home. The fuel had the proper amount of Sta-Bil in it and was a whopping 2-3 days old when I had time to do this 1st round of starting.
So thats what I did. twice 24 hours apart, just incase i missed anything the 1st time before reassembling.

Next day, tried to start it again.... same effect - fountain of fuel fog.

disassemble and really, clean the heck outta the carb one last time. then went to look on amazon for what a replacement carb , carb rebuild kit, or combo kits would cost. Time delay. Mower sat for a week with no touching it while I finished up 2 of the others. Got them done and stable.
desided to just get the carb,filters and a fuel cutoff valve combo kit & a new ignition with keys. That all arrived friday. Yesterday I swapped out the carb, filters and installed the shutoff valve. Fired it up and that new carb did the exact same fountain of fog and fuel dumping into the intake like a drinking fountain.

Now for the pics and the last detail. This is a 4 screw fuel pump design.
filter-side.JPG

side-wet.JPG

wet-top.jpg

wettop2.jpg

here are a few pics of the new carb and the 2 screenshots from the 19MB, 10 second video i made.
fog-spray1a.jpg

fog-spray1b.jpg

So heres the question. What is causing both of the carbs (original and new) to dump fuel into the intake like a drinking fountain getting everything absolutely soaked?

What more pics or tests should I do for y'alls wisdom to help solve this?

Should I of posted this in the craftsman sub folder as apposed to here?

Not my first rodeo. Not my first forum. However, I believe this is my first request for help here....
Been a member to the Sister forum TractorByNet for quite some time and even longer in MANY other forums; back 1996 for the likes of Subaru forums. I tend to use the same user ID across the boards. Ocasionally a slight spelling difference.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First thing you need to check, is the float level set properly and is the float needle and seat working properly together to shut off the amount of fuel entering the carb.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
A rat/mouse had made a nest in the ducting area above one cylinder.
Cleaning the cooling fins is a yearly maintenance item in your engine manual for ALL MOWER ENGINES. Neglect this and you are looking at engine damage $$$.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is that fuel filter installed backwards?

Should be some arrows on the clear part showing proper mounting direction.

electrycmonk

Threads
Cleaning the cooling fins is a yearly maintenance item in your engine manual for ALL MOWER ENGINES. Neglect this and you are looking at engine damage $$$.
i pressure wash "my units" at least every other mowing.... i did state that i just got it for under $200 as a planned parts mower.

electrycmonk

Threads
First thing you need to check, is the float level set properly and is the float needle and seat working properly together to shut off the amount of fuel entering the carb.
(_) 1st thing to do for my homework this week.

thank you @Rivets