Can't remove emulsion tube from Honda GCV 160 engine

Texasbill

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently inherited a Honda push mower with the GCV 160 engine. It was owned by my father-in-law who did not use it for more than a year. I have removed the carburetor and have broken down the carburetor completely except for the emulsion tube. I was able to get out the main jet, the cannot remove the emulsion tube. I have used carburetor cleaner, lacquer thinner, and 15 minutes in a ultrasonic cleaner. The carburetor is immaculate, but the emulsion tube will not come out. I can easily move the tube from fully inserted to partially inserted, but it seems to lock into place before it falls out. Need some ideas on how to remove it!Open

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They can be stuck in quite hard by corrosion.
Try boiling the carb for 10 minutes then use a flat bladed screwdriver to press it down
When it gets to the level of the venturii use an allen key .
For the hole you can get a Dremel tool type pencil brush in both fibre & wire to clean the corrosion off .

Texasbill

Forum Newbie
Threads
I used 50# test leader and threaded it through the emulsion tube and tied a knot on one end and yanked it through. The odd thing is that it does not insert without force and does not remove without force even when sparkling clean!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
WEll while it should be held tight by the main jet, a light press fit prevents it bouncing around in use and flogging out the hole oval

jshep1102

Threads
  • / Can't remove emulsion tube from Honda GCV 160 engine
I used 50# test leader and threaded it through the emulsion tube and tied a knot on one end and yanked it through
I'll put that in my bag of tricks next time I have one stuck. Good idea!