Cant read first digit of model number

trickyrick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys
I have a 10hp engine off an old sears snowblower I need to find a new flywheeel but Im having troulble reading the first digit of the model number. Model Number2.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The first number is 1 since all Craftsman Tecumseh engines used the 143 as the model prefix.

trickyrick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well thanks I didnt know that.

I've checked a few online parts sites and can not find any reference to my model number. Is there info on cross-referencing to see if another model is the same for parts. Most if not all model numbers have letters in front. This is an engine late 80's early 90's

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your Craftsman model number crosses to a Tecumseh engine number of HH100- 159101K. With this number you should be able to find the parts you need.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
HH100 is the tecumseh cast iron Heavy Horizontal 10 hp. I have A VH100 (vertical heavy) on my old Bunton 36". Parts for these old war horses are getting scarce. Some stuff you can get off ebay where guys are parting out old engines. Carbs are like gold along with electronic ignition coils. Last OEM carb kit i got for a HH120 was like $40. These old cast iron. War horses will run forever as long as you keep clean oil in them. I have 2 running HH120's besides the VH100. I have an OHV one i need to restore. If looking for parts search under the Tecumseh HH100 number vs. the Sears number.

trickyrick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks guys
There are a few flywheels on eBay that start with HH100 like this one on ebay
eBay
but they do not look like mine. My magnet is on the top. Not sure if that matters. I'm a novice at small engine repair. The reason I'm looking for a replacement is that the magnet does not seem to be strong enough to produce a good spark.

flywheel.jpgflywheel.jpg

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can you post a pic of your flywheel and ignition coil? The points ignition and the solid state ignition take different flywheels.

trickyrick

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got a neodymium magnet there very strong I have placed that over the flywheel magnet hoping that will increase the strength of the flywheel magnet

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Personally I’ve had one bad magnet in my 50+ years of working on engines. Second, I would be very leary of purchasing a flywheel on eBay. The choice of how to proceed will be up to you. Remember you are dealing with a 30 year old engine, how much $$$ do you stick in it. Just my humble opinion.