Can't get Husqvarna Z5426 deck off

Markbiggs

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a residential zero turn Husqvarna Z5426 riding mower.
I have tried to find how to remove the mower deck but can only find RZ5426 deck that has a front bracket.
This mower has arms with ball joints that I took apart to release the deck because couldn't get to bent up cotterkeys.
There is no front bracket, just a solid rod with welded studs instead of bolts so matched up welded plates refused to slide either was to be able to remove. I ended up grabbing a crowbar and hammer and wedge and was able to get it apart but have no idea how I'm going to get back together. Does the body need taken apart to remove the floor from the frame so the solid rod can be maneuvered?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you read the owners manual ?
Front & back deck lifts are held on with clevises so you just remove the pins
Latter deck looks like it has a tie rod end held on with a nut .
Did you own this mower from new or get it second hand cheap ?
Some one whose tool box contains only an angle grinder & welder could have repaired it in the past.
  Untitled 2.jpg
From what I can see the nuts all marked #4 get removed and then the rear lift arms should slide out from the deck side
If not then the keyrings marked # 18 come off to allow the lift arms to be removed from the mower side but the nuts on the droppers # 12 still have to come off to release the deck
Usually you need to put some 2x4's under the mower deck to make sure there is no weight on the lift arms.
Use some long ones then you san slide the deck out on them using then as rails .
Otherwise without the deck weight it is easy to lift the front of the mower & roll it back out of the way

The other version uses clevises rather than ball ended tie rod ends in which case to take the keyring retainers out as above and then the nuts holding # 12 in place
If it is difficult yo get in to remove the keyrings they can be cut off & replaced with bowtie clips, R clips , split pins or even a bent nail